The song is "I'm a Kilogram", and the band played it here and there for a short while. I also think we tracked a more proper studio version at Miner Street with Brian Mctear and Thom Monahan during a more 'official' demo session that included the versions of "Mounds of Money" and "Ramona" that would end up on Let Them Drink as well as an alternate version of "Skunk" that went unreleased. That Miner Street version of "Kilogram" is missing. Thom may have a copy somewhere...or maybe it sits in the vault here somewhere.
Accidental chord change at 0:52, going to the chorus early, made for a cool moment that I tried to replicate at Miner Street. Not sure how that turned out...
These lyrics are decent. I had Yuri at my Locust Street apartment while Angela was up north for Christmas. Thus, the "I've got cats to feed" line.
Hit me two times with the sickness...
The Capitol Years - "I'm a Kilogram" - Demo, Dec. 2002
"The Savior on Skins"
The Velvet Elvis - Savannah, Georgia via South Carolina
Mark Adams Photoshop circa 2002

savannah is in georgia bro
ReplyDeleteDuly noted...still hazy from tour!
ReplyDelete